In 1946, the Bikini was named by Louis Reard who chose the name because he thought the bathing suit was so controversial that it would create shockwaves similar to that of the atomic bomb. (Which they were testing in Bikini Atoll)
Louis Reard is thought to also have been the originator of the phrase “Da bomb.”
Who are these 6% of Americans who do not eat pizza regularly? Can they even truly call themselves American? For that matter, can they truly say they are living? A life without pizza is just surviving, man.
1. The Environment: Perhaps after Hogwarts sent roughly one thousand letters to The Cupboard Under the Stairs, No. 4 Privet Drive, the Cottage by the Sea, etc. they realized they were well on their way to completely destroying the Forbidden Forest and stopped production of Hogwarts Letters.
2. Pigeon on Owl Violence: It’s quite possible that my handsome Hogwarts owl was attacked by a vindictive New York City bird and was thus prevented from reaching its destination. At the moment of publication, Mr. Featherbottom is my prime suspect.
3. El Nino: It could be that a rogue wind caused by strange, seasonal weather patterns blew my owl irrevocably off course.
4. An Administrative Error: Having a hyphen in my name means things are constantly getting misfiled as apparently a double last name is far too confusing for most to wrap their brains around. I’m sure wizards are just as befuddled as Muggles as whether to put me under K or H.
5. Acceptance to Another Institution: Maybe when I was accepted to a fine institution of higher learning, Hogwarts thought I was spoken for and ceased trying to contact me. I wish they had simply inquired further about the matter because I’m sure Cornell would have been fully onboard with a semester abroad at Hogwarts.
Today is the birthday of both J.K. Rowling and Harry Potter. Take some time to celebrate such magical individuals with a stiff drink of butterbeer, a nice chocolate frog, and perhaps try hexing a co-worker for a bit of sport!
Since it is hump day, our fact today is about humps, my humps, my lovely camel humps. Cha-Check it out!
Only three more fun facts to go! If you have any delightful pearls of knowledge, please send them my way!
So now you know you can know three things about Tasmania: it has the cleanest air in the world, it is where Tas, the Tasmanian Devil is from, and it’s close-ish to Australia.
Thats one more thing that you knew a second ago.
Steig Larsson, the author of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo stated in interviews that he based the character of Lisbeth Salander on what he imagined Pippi Longstocking might have been like as a grown up lady. In the third book, Salander has the name “V. Kulla” displayed on the door of her apartment which is an abbreviation of “Villa Villekulla”, the name of Pippi Longstocking’s house.
Damn, Pippi, you sure grew up real dark.
Dolphins don’t always drink, but when they do they drink through fish. THE MOST INTERESTING WHALE IN THE WORLD.
You know what they say “Good artists copy; great artists steal.”
Since it is a Thirsty Thursday and all, today’s fact is about the hard stuff.
I feel like this fact should be Kentucky’s main selling point when they promote tourism. Like horses are nice and all, and I get that you have some nice looking grass, but more bourbon than people? Shoot, sign me up!
PS A big thanks to my pal, Ty Ty, who provided me with this excellent pearl of knowledge.
Some might say having a feline in office is just puurrrfect. (Couldn’t help myself) Talkeetna, Alaska would agree as they are home to a cat mayor named Stubbs. Alaska sure seems like a place with an excellent sense of humor. Maybe THEY would like my puns.
In other news, I’ve decided to apply for an exciting new job napping in sunny spots.